Saturday 1 November 2014

Shooting coming!

Production is moving rapidly now, with a initial shooting date of the 17th of Novemeber. While I'd have liked to have shot it a month or so earlier, the reality of coordinating actors, equipment and the location meant I had to be flexible. In order to make sure the shoot is as efficient as possible, I've drawn up a shot list and a storyboard which will hopefully means I have a reference of what to shoot.

 On the admin side, I'm getting my actors to sign a model release form, so they can allow my useage of their image and everything I shoot as well as a commitment to make an effort for reshoots. There is a similar one for the location that I'll need to get the manager of the coffee shop to sign - essentially my promising not to knock any doors down.

I'm having my lead actor over on Wednesday to play dress-up. While we both have an idea of what we want the character to wear and look like, this costume planning will help us be specific and give me as director an understanding of what colours I will be working with. I've done a lot of exploration of colour imagery, something I'll go into more detail after the shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment