Saturday 1 November 2014

Actor Styling - Graham

What the characters wear can often be as important as the actor or the script in terms of creating a character. As the structure of my script takes place over three days, I wanted to develop a few different outfits for Graham that were consistent and representative of his character.

Day One?
This outfit is very simple, using a jacket with a tie, shirt and trousers. The simple design is representative of the character - with the top button done up on his shirt and a very subdued colour scheme while not being completely bland.

Day Two?
Here you can see my conscious decision to introduce colour to the character's outfit, with a red-ish cardigan and a red tie. In order to differentiate the outfit between the days, I've changed the jacket. I do like the appearance of this outfit, but I think I'd want to change the shirt.

Day Three
Blue! This is one of the bigger changes in costume, introducing a new shirt, new tie and a jumper as well as a return to the jacket from day one. The unbuttoned top of his shirt is a nice reference to his new optimistic outlook - not needing to be so uppity and refined. Out of all of them this is my favourite of his appearances due to the colour and overall appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment