Monday 30 June 2014

Production Diary - Shorts I've seen

As ideas for a short film go there are many I could choose from. I have been making an effort to watch a video on Short of the Week every day for a few months now to work out myself what works well and what doesn't. Some of favourites I have found are:

Do You Believe in the Devil?

A horror that plays with the faustian bargain trope. I like this one because it is brilliantly written but also beautifully shot and edited.

The Black Hole

The best short films are the ones that focus on an idea and leaves you asking questions. This one certainly does and manages to do so without using any dialogue.

We Were Awesome

A seven minute dialogue between two friends which manages to reveal so much more about the two characters' relationship. The story also revolves around a single, beautiful visual which the audience ends up anticipating as much as the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment