Tuesday 14 October 2014

Production Diary - Researching

Lately I've turned my focus in Media studies to looking at existing products and working out what works and what doesn't. Doing this hopefully will help me understand how to make a short film that works with existing conventions as well as being well done.

As seen in my Research into Director's post, one director I've looked at it Spike Jonze and his work. I saw Where the Wild Things Are soon after its release and loved it for its beautiful and unique visuals as well as a very touching and emotive story. Looking back over it recently made me want to explore his other works which lead me to watch his latest feature Her, another fantastic, innovative film.

This has certainly influenced my ideas visually - suggesting a tone and 'style' to emulate while shooting, which I'll explore more in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment